Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Fill out the prospective students form to let us know of your interest, and to start the review process. You may also contact email@example.com. We would be happy to discuss any questions you may have.
Applying to Virginia Tech and the MultiSTEPS program
Students interested in becoming part of the MultiSTEPS program must apply to become a graduate student at Virginia Tech.
- Please visit the Virginia Tech Graduate School website for general information on the graduate school program.
- The application to the Graduate School at Virginia Tech is accessed from the Admissions Page, where you will find instructions for applying online or via mail-in forms.
When selecting a program of study in your graduate school application, you can choose to apply directly to the MultiSTEPS program or to a participating department/program.
- If you apply directly to a department, be sure to submit the supplemental materials via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you apply directly to the MultiSTEPS program, you are officially applying to the MultiSTEPS IGEP; your application will be considered automatically for NSF IGERT support.
- If you apply directly to the MultiSTEPS program, be sure to indicate your desired home department.
What are the supplemental application materials?
- Statement of purpose that explains your interest in MultiSTEPS and how our program of education and training will help you achieve your career goals.
- A summary of your background that discusses what qualifies you for graduate education and research at the interface of the engineering and biological sciences.
- The names of the three MultiSTEPS faculty (with at least one from the engineering sciences and at least one from the biological sciences) whose research most interests you.